Friday 22 February 2008

The day i foun d out i was pregnant


It was just as the grate war was beginning it had been a week since i was supposed to start so i was slightly concerned so i took a pregnancy test and it came back positive and i knew straight away that it was charlies. I went out to get some groceries and when i got back my mum and dad were sat in the living room with about 15 suitcases next to them i asked them what was going on and my mum held up the pregnancy test. I knew they wouldn't approve being relay strong catholics and all but i didn't care. They threw me out so the first place i thought of going was charlies. Charlie wasn't there but Mrs peaceful was so i told her and she too me in. It was about half an hour before charlie and Tommo got back from work and when Charlie found out he aid it was all going to be fine, i didn't believe him at first but after a wile i began to believe it. I truly believed with all my heart that Charlie was going to be a real father to our child. Later that day the corlonel came over and he asked t speak to mother alone i left the room but of course i was ease dropping.He said Charlie had to go and fight in the war as they needed more soujers out there in France. I didn't want Charlie to go but if he didn't the corlonel said he would kick us all out of the cottage. When the corlonel had gone Charlie.Tommo.Big Joe and I came back into the sitting room. Charlie asked mother what was wrong and why the corlonel had come round but mother didn't want to tell him wile big Joe and Tommmo were there. I asked Charlie and Tommo to come for an walk with me down by the brook were we used to play after school when we were kids. When we got down there i told Charlie and Tommo everything i had heard wile mother was talking to the corlonel. Tommo didn't like the thought of Charlie leaving ether and neither did Charlie himself. Tommo said that if Charlie was going to go and fight out in France then he would to we tryed to talk him out of it but once Tommo had made up his mind that was it there was no stopping him. A few weeks later Tommo and Charlie had to leave to go to France and Fight. We didn't tell big Joe everything all we told him was that Tommo and Charlie had to go away for a wile but they would be back soon.

2 comments:

private staci peaceful said...

strenght:





target: check spelling

Miss G said...

Strength: A good effort Alexandra. You show a good understanding of the book and have shown empathy with Molly. I'm pleased you have included Molly's feelings about Tommo and Charlie going to war.

Target: Pregnancy tests were not invented in 1914! Keep the context of the book in mind whilst writing as Molly.

Spelling of 'Colonel'. I know it sounds like it has got an r, but it hasn't